From circuits to catapults, design your own engineering masterpieces.
Please note, we ask for a ratio of 1 adult to every 6 scouts.
This Camp-In Fulfills Webelos “Engineer” Activity Badge*:
- Talk to an engineer, surveyor, or architect in your area about the different occupations in engineering. Create a list that tells what they do
- Draw a floor plan of your house. Include doors, windows, and stairways.
- Tell about how electricity is generated and then gets to your home.(Circuits)
- Construct a simple working electrical circuit using a flashlight battery, a switch, and a light.
- Make drawings of three kinds of bridges and explain their differences. Construct a model bridge of your choice.
- Build a catapult and show how it works.
*Groups will provide their own badges.
- Check-in is at 7pm on Friday.
- The evening will consist of workshops, snack, free time in the museum, and set-up of camp site on the Museum floor.
- Wake-Up is at 7am Saturday, followed by breakfast.
Fill out our Contact Us Form (choose Scouts as the department) or call 734.995.5439. Please provide number of adults and scouts attending, as well as your contact information.