From simple machines to slime, explore the many facets of science.
Please Note, we ask for a ratio of 1 adult to every 6 scouts.
This Camp-In Fulfills Cub Scouts “Scientist” Belt Loop and Pin*:
- Explain the scientific method to your adult partner
- Use the scientific method in a simple science project. Explain the results to an adult.
- Visit a museum
- Learn about solids, liquids, and gases using just water. Freeze water until it turns into ice. Then, with an adult, heat the ice until it turns back into a liquid and eventually boils and becomes a gas.
- Do a scientific experiment in front of an audience. Explain your results.
- Plant seeds. Grow a flower, garden vegetable, or other plant.
- Build models of two atoms and two molecules, using plastic foam balls or other objects.
- Use these simple machines to accomplish tasks: lever, pulley, wheel-and-axle, wedge, inclined plane, and screw.
*Groups will provide their own belt loops and pins.
- Check-in is at 7pm on Friday.
- The evening will consist of workshops, snack, free time in the museum, and set-up of camp site on the Museum floor.
- Wake-Up is at 7am Saturday, followed by breakfast.
Fill out our Contact Us Form (choose Scouts as the department) or call 734.995.5439. Please provide number of adults and scouts attending, as well as, your contact information.