Plan an adventure with your students where knowledge is your destination. Students of all ages can explore over 250 interactive science and technology exhibits. Extend your hands-on adventure by booking a ScienceWorks lab. All programs align with Michigan’s Grade Level Content Expectations.
To Arrange Your Field Trip
- Fill out the Field Trip Reservation Form or call 734.995.5439.
- A confirmation letter and/or invoice will be sent via email following your conversation with our Field Trip Coordinator.
- For more information please contact the Field Trip Coordinator at 734.995.5439 or send us an email with our Contact Us form.
Field Trip Information
- The group rate of $6 per person (both children and adults) is available for groups of 20 or more
- Looking for scholarships for your summer camp, summer enrichment program, or summer school? Click here to learn about a special scholarship just for you – available Summer 2016 only!
- Limited scholarships are available to those who qualify.
- We request 1 adult chaperone for every 6 children
- The Museum has limited facilities for groups that bring lunches. Lunchrooms can be reserved for $10 per group and must be reserved in advance.
Preschool Field Trips
Groups of preschoolers may visit our Preschool Gallery, an interactive playspace designed specifically for infants through four-year-olds. Children can climb on a fire engine, splash at water tables and dig into discovery boxes. Galley space is limited and remains open to the general public during your visit.
Field Trips + ScienceWorks Labs for Students PreK-8
Your students become scientists during our 50-minute ScienceWorks Labs that provide hands-on experience with a variety of topics identified in the Michigan Grade Level Content Expectations.
- Click here for a list of topics
- ScienceWorks Labs must be booked in advance when making a Field Trip reservation.
- $2 per student Preschool Labs
- $3 per student Standard Labs
- $5 per student Premium Labs
- Capacity: 30 students per class, 2 classes may be held at the same time for up to 60 students. We can accommodate a maximum of 120 students from a single school in lab classes per visit
- Minimum charge per lab class is based on the cost for 20 students: $40 for Preschool Labs, $60 for Standard Labs, and $100 for Premium Labs.
Groups may pre-order Science-to-Go Bags that contain souvenirs, cool science items and fun facts about the items in the bag. Bags must be ordered at least 2 days in advance of your visit to allow time for assembly. To order, call the Hands-On Store at 734.995.5439 or fill out the Order Form.
Plan an adventure with your students where knowledge is your destination. Students of all ages can explore over 250 interactive science and technology exhibits. Extend your hands-on adventure by booking a ScienceWorks lab. All programs align with Michigan’s Grade Level Content Expectations. Register today!