We have thousands of preschool aged visitors who enjoy our Museum (especially our Preschool Gallery!) every year. This September we're celebrating them by giving them their very own month!
Join us for six special events throughout the month of September that are designed to excite our youngest visitors.
ScienceFest: Preschool Playdate is Saturday, September 6, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m, and Sunday, September 7, from noon-4 p.m.
- From making slime and exploring color to and seeing what our five senses can do, this weekend will be fun for the whole family!
The Music Lady will join us on Saturday, September 6, 13, and 27, from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Sing, dance, and play music with Beverly Meyer, The Music Lady, during this danceably interactive performance.
Critters Up Close is Saturday, September 13, and Sunday September 14, 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Our friends at Leslie Science & Nature Center will bring different live animals into the Museum, and we also offer special, animal-oriented hands-on activities.
Professor Ray's Everyday Science - Mind Over Matter is Saturday, September 20, at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., and Sunday, September 21, at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- We'll see gas in solid form, watch as liquid expands 700 hundred times to produce explosive consequences, and figure out how cold matter really can get.
Professor Ray's Everyday Science - Good Vibrations is Saturday, September 27, at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. and Sunday, September 28, at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- We'll hear strange sounds made with common objects and learn how to make cool sounds at home. We'll also see sound extinguish a flame!
And don't forget, we offer Preschool Storytime every Tuesday from 9-10 a.m. and Saturday from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Join us for a fun story, followed by an even more fun hands-on activity!