Join Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum for February Events Including Mid-Winter Break Activities and More
The Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum is hosting a range of events in February designed to inspire curiosity in people of all ages! Come experience Mid-Winter Break Activities, Living Lab Showcase, other family activities, and for adults only, A Night of Wine and Chocolate.
The Little Scientist Club - Tuesdays from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Encourage your child’s natural drive for discovery through observation and hands-on activities, science-themed stories, make-and-take projects, and much more. Older siblings are welcome, too. No registration necessary.
A Night of Wine and Chocolate - Friday, February 5 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Taste the science behind wine and chocolate with experts from VESTA-MSU, The Michigan Grape and Wine Industry Council, Mindo Chocolate Makers, and The People's Food Co-op & Cafe Verde. Enjoy delicious grilled cheeses from the Grillcheezerie, hands-on activities, demonstrations, and photos by Shutterbooth. Tickets are $25 for members, $30 for non-members and will be released to members on January 20 and non-members on January 25.
Living Lab Showcase - Saturday, February 6 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, February 7 from noon to 4 p.m.
- Have you noticed the child development researchers from the University of Michigan next to the “Building in a Building" exhibit? Here is your chance to see this unique University-Museum collaboration in the spotlight! We’ll have multiple researchers giving demonstrations of their studies, facilitating hands-on activities about psychology, and talking about published research that has come out of studies done at the Museum. Children who are interested - and who have parents/legal guardians present - can even participate in short, enjoyable, research studies. Don’t miss this chance to be a part of cutting-edge child development research, right here at the Museum!
Critters Up Close - Saturday, February 13 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, February 14 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- NEW PROGRAM HOURS! Now you have more opportunities to see Critters Up Close every month! Our friends at Leslie Science and Nature Center bring a selection of live animals to the Museum and we offer special animal-oriented hands-on activities. Animals will be meeting and greeting visitors from 10-4 on Saturday (with a mid-day “Animal Naptime”) and 1-4 on Sunday. This month the featured critters are worms and friends.
Mid-Winter Break Activities: Engineering - Monday, February 15 through Friday, February 19, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Celebrate National Engineering Week (a few days early) at the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum! Experiment with circuits, design and build structures, create chemical concoctions, and more as we explore a variety of engineering fields.
ScienceFest: Physicpalooza - Saturday, February 20 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, February 21 from noon to 4 p.m.
- The Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum and the Society of Physics Students at the University of Michigan team up again to bring you a weekend full of physics! Come enjoy exciting activities and demos that discuss motion, inertia, electricity, and many other topics.
Pop-Up Makerspace - Saturday, February 27 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, February 28 from noon to 4 p.m.
- Design - Build - Test! Discover your inner engineer. This month's challenge: Happy City.
A Night of Wine and Chocolate is $25 for members and $30 for non-members. All other activities are included with Museum admission at no additional charge. Admission to the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum is free for members and children under 2 years old, and $12 for ages two and up.
For more information about the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum’s February events, visit: http://www.aahom.org/events/whats_new/. You can also find event info on our free app, available in the iTunes store!