Join Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum for March Events Including FestiFools and ScienceFest: Healing through Hands-On Science
Arbor Hands-On Museum is hosting a variety of events in March designed to inspire curiosity in people of all ages! Come experience FestiFools, Healing through Hands-On Science and many other activities, including 3D Printing Design for Adults.
The Little Scientist Club - Tuesdays from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Encourage your child’s natural drive for discovery through observation and hands-on activities, science-themed stories, make-and-take projects, and much more. Older siblings are welcome, too. No registration necessary.
FestiFools Sculpting - Saturday, March 5 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, March 6 from noon to 4 p.m.
- Join artist Lavinia Hanachiuc for a weekend full of building unique structures! Using household materials such as hula hoops, tape, and cardboard we will create a modular, moving sculpture to take to FestiFools! Make sure to come back to the Ann Arbor Hands on Museum on Sunday, April 3 at 3:30 p.m. to walk in the FestiFools Procession!
Slithering Into Python - Thursday, March 10 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Learn the fundamentals of computer programming from members of the Huron High School Computer Science Club! Participants will work in Python to create “Hello World” and learn basic logic such as conditional statements, loops, and data types. For students in grades 5, 6, 7, and 8. Returning students welcome! Participants under the age of 12 must have an adult remain in the building for the duration of the workshop. Cost is $5 for members and $10 for non-members, pre-registration is required. Participants must bring their own laptop with a developing environment pre-loaded on the computer (link to download will be provided after registration). Laptop available upon request during registration via email to email@example.com.
Critters Up Close - Saturday, March 12 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, March 13 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Now you have more opportunities to see Critters Up Close every month! Our friends at Leslie Science & Nature Center bring a selection of live animals to the Museum and we offer special animal-oriented hands-on activities. Animals will be meeting and greeting visitors from 10-4 on Saturday (with a mid-day “Animal Naptime”) and 1-4 on Sunday. This month the featured critters are lizards!
ScienceFest: Healing Through Hands-On Science - Saturday, March 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, March 20 from noon to 4 p.m.
- Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum, C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital, and the American Pharmacists Association Academy of Student Pharmacists team up to bring you a weekend full of healthy fun! Learn about how your body works with hands-on activities, explore various healthcare professions as you work through a Teddy Bear Clinic, and see the science behind medical procedures. We will also be highlighting our ongoing collaboration – Healing Through Hands-On Science – and celebrating Child Life Month. Don’t miss this fun-filled weekend, supported by a grant from The Carls Foundation.
Children’s Vision Day - Saturday, March 26 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Join Michigan Optometric Association (MOA) Children’s Vision Care and InfantSEE® Committee for Children’s Vision Day! Children and their parents will learn about eye safety, ocular anatomy, what to expect at an eye exam, and how to locate a doctor in their area. Explore five hands-on, educational stations designed to make learning fun and promote the importance of eye care and eye safety. Stations will be operated by volunteer MOA Optometrists.
Pop-Up Makerspace - Saturday, March 26 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Design - Build - Test! Discover your inner engineer. This month's challenge: Make It Float!
3D Printing Design for Adults - Thursday, March 31 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- In this hour and a half workshop for adults, you will receive an introduction to the world of 3D design and learn some of the benefits to 3D printing. You will explore the basics of TinkerCad, a free online 3D design program. Discover the logic behind designing for 3D printers and create your own design. You will need to bring a laptop to the class. All 3D designs will be printed within a week of the program and will be yours to keep. Cost is $15 for members and $20 for non-members. Pre-registration is required and includes the cost of admission to the Museum.
Slithering Into Python is $5 for members and $10 for non-members and 3D Printing Design for Adults is $15 for members and $20 for non-members. All other activities are included with Museum admission at no additional charge. Admission to the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum is free for members and children under 2 years old, and $12 for ages two and up.
For more information about the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum’s March events, visit: http://www.aahom.org/events/whats_new/. You can also find event info on our free app, available in the iTunes store!