Join Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum for March Events Including A Student Science Showcase, A Pint at the Museum, Children’s Vision Day, and More
The Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum is hosting a range of events in March designed to inspire curiosity in people of all ages! Join us for The Little Scientist Club, A Student Science Showcase, A Pint at the Museum (for adults 21+), Children’s Vision Day, and many more events.
The Little Scientist Club - Tuesdays from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Encourage your child’s natural drive for discovery through observation and hands-on activities, science-themed stories, make-and-take projects, and much more. Older siblings are welcome, too. No registration necessary.
Yo-Yo Master Zeemo - Saturday, March 4 and Sunday, March 5 at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- While just about everybody has played with a yo-yo, few master the variety of tricks required to be a yo-yo pro. Zeemo has "The World on a String" as he can perform over 200 different yo-yo tricks. In addition to yo-yos, Zeemo is also adept with other spinning toys such as hula-hoops, spin tops, frisbees and the amazing Chinese diabolo. Don’t miss this fun-filled performance that includes lots of audience participation!
Student Showcase: Emerson 7th Grade Earth & Environmental Science Class - Thursday, March 9 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Join young scientists from our community to explore the impact humans have on our environment. For the past several months, 7th grade Earth & Environmental Science students at Emerson School have designed a method for measuring, monitoring, and minimizing this impact, and they are thrilled to share the results of their investigations and experiments with you!
A Pint at the Museum: #FlashbackFriday - Friday, March 10 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Break out your light up sneakers at Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum's "A Pint at the Museum: #FlashbackFriday!" Adults 21+ will enjoy beer from Ypsi Alehouse and wine from Vinology, gourmet hot dogs from Ray's Red Hots, and cookies from Insomnia Cookies. Experience virtual reality with QLTD, experiment with slime, explore the Museum, take photos of your night with ShutterBooth, and play some of your favorite childhood games. Throwback outfits are encouraged! Tickets are $25 for AAHOM members and $30 for non-members and can be purchased at www.aahom.org/pint-museum-flashbackfriday. The event is sponsored by Rehmann.
Critters Up Close - Saturday, March 11 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, March 12 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Every month, our friends at Leslie Science & Nature Center bring live animal interactions directly to Museum visitors! Animals will be meeting and greeting from 10-4 on Saturday (with a mid-day “Animal Naptime”) and 1-4 on Sunday. Visitors will also learn more about our natural world through hands-on activities. This month the featured critters are lizards!
Mr. B - Saturday, March 11 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. and Sunday, March 12 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum and GLPAA CARAVAN are teaming up to put on a special weekend of music with blues and boogie-woogie pianist Mr. B! Steeped in the rich legacy of this tremendously exciting music, Mr. B learned directly from blues and boogie legends like Little Brother Montgomery, Boogie Woogie Red, and Blind John Davis. Join Mr. B for special performances and meet-and-greet from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.!
Pop-Up Makerspace - Saturday, March 18 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, March 19 from noon to 4 p.m.
- Design - Build - Test! Discover your inner engineer in our Pop-Up Makerspace. Today’s Challenge: Towers!
Professor Ray's Everyday Science: Mighty Motion - Saturday, March 18 and Sunday, March 19 at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Heads up! Watch out! Today we’ll be launching a tray of eggs with a broom (safely!), among other experiments, while we explore why and how objects move… or do not move! We will discover facts about gravity, inertia, air resistance and Newton’s laws of motion in many ways. Interactive demos at 1:00 and 3:00 in the Legacy Gallery.
Children's Vision Day - Saturday, March 25
- Join Bennett Optometry, Michigan Optometric Association (MOA), Children’s Vision Care, and InfantSEE® Committee for Children’s Vision Day! Children and their parents will learn about eye safety, ocular anatomy, what to expect at an eye exam, and how to locate a doctor in their area. Explore five hands-on, educational stations designed to make learning fun and promote the importance of eye care and eye safety. Stations will be operated by volunteer MOA Optometrists.
ScienceFest: Healing Through Hands-On Science - Saturday, March 25 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, March 26 from noon to 4 p.m.
- Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum, C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital, and the American Pharmacists Association Academy of Student Pharmacists team up to bring you a weekend full of healthy fun! Learn about how your body works with hands-on activities, explore various healthcare professions as you work through a Teddy Bear Clinic, and see the science behind medical procedures. We will also be highlighting our ongoing collaboration – Healing Through Hands-On Science – and celebrating Child Life Month. Don’t miss this fun-filled weekend, supported by a grant from The Carls Foundation.
A Pint at the Museum costs $25 for AAHOM members and $30 for non-members. All other March activities are included with Museum admission at no additional charge. Admission to the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum is free for members and children under 2 years old, and $12 for ages two and up.