The Science Labs Program Manager collaborates with the Education/Programs, Exhibits, and Operations teams to develop and supervise innovative educational lab programs and experiences for school age children at Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum and partnership programming sites through in person workshops and via video conferencing technology. The Science Labs Program Manager is responsible for the long-range planning, execution, and success of ScienceWorks Lab programs, Distance Learning programs and relevant partnership program offerings.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops, manages, and evaluates ScienceWorks Labs, Distance Learning Labs and relevant partnership programs. Serves as lead educator and model of best practices
- Oversees maintenance, inventory, and storage of related program materials and spaces
- Trains and evaluates education staff on ScienceWorks Labs, Distance Learning Labs and relevant partnership programming
- Collaborates with Program and Education Manager Team to hire, train, evaluate, and supervise staff, create staff schedules, provide professional development, and maintain program quality; serves as primary manager generating Museum’s education staff schedule
- Continually monitors ScienceWorks Labs, Distance Learning Labs and relevant partnership programs for quality assurance and relevance to applicable state and national education standards
- Maintains regular contact with public, private, charter schools, and homeschool community to assess their informal science education needs, and plans programs accordingly
- Assist the marketing team in developing promotional materials for relevant program offerings and ensuring all web-based information is updated
- In consultation with the Director of Education and Wildlife, and Chief Financial Officer, develops annual revenue and expense budget for ScienceWorks Labs, Distance Learning Labs and relevant partnership programs
- Supports grant writing and reporting efforts for related programs
- Able to lift 25lbs and work on your feet for at least 4 consecutive hours
- Serves as primary backup to Registrar for booking fieldtrips, ScienceWorks Labs, Distance Learning Labs and relevant partnership programs
- Provides excellent customer service and general information to public
- Other duties as assigned
- Active member of education department team
- Familiarity with all education department programs and an ability to deliver any program as deemed necessary
- Works with members of the education and exhibits staff to enhance the visitor experience
- Familiarity with the organization and management of Museum operations
- Attends general staff meetings and meetings of the education staff when necessary
- Provides phone support by answering general phone calls.
Pay and Hours
$29,000-$33,000 plus benefits. Full-Time, Monday through Friday, 9:00am-5:30pm, with occasional weekend or evening hours.
Please email your current resume and a cover letter that addresses the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submitted materials must be in PDF form. To be considered for a first-round interview, apply by April 8. This position is open until filled.
- Please describe what you see as the role and purpose of the Science Labs Manager position for the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum. Include how you believe this position should impact our visitors, our staff, and our community.
- Describe a work or volunteer experience (or experiences) that demonstrates the skills and/or characteristics you have that would make you a good candidate for Science Labs Manager.