For a list of current Distance Learning Programs, click here.
To Register for a Distance Learning Program
- Dates and times for the Distance Learning programs are scheduled by request
- Programs should be scheduled 3 weeks in advance in order for your kits to be mailed
- Book through the Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration at www.cilc.org
- To register by phone, contact the Distance Learning Manager at 734.995.5439 and have the following information available:
- Address and phone number of contact person
- Mailing address for Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum materials kit
- Number of students and grade level
- Date(s) and time(s) your class would like to participate
- Technical contact information
- For more information please contact the Distance Learning Manager at 734.995.5439 or use our Contact Us form.
SAVE! Multi-program discounts!
- Book 5 or more programs at one time and receive $10 off the price of each program.
- Book 10 or more programs at one time and receive $20 off the price of each program.
- Book 20 or more programs at one time and receive $30 off the price of each program.
Programs must be scheduled with the same school or site. Programs may be scheduled for any time during the same school year, but all requests eligible for discount must be submitted, received and approved at the same time.
Distance Learning Scholarships and Grants
Limited scholarships are available to those who qualify through our Discover Science Assistance Fund. There are also many grants available to schools and organizations to help pay for Distance Learning programs. Click here for more information about grants.
Payment and Cancellation Policies
Reservations must be paid in full or guaranteed by a purchase order at least 2 weeks in advance of the program. Checks, money orders, or credit cards are also accepted. Reservations are subject to cancellation if payment is not received 2 weeks in advance.
Cancellations made up to 72 hours prior to your scheduled program will be refunded (less a $25 administrative fee.) The $25 administrative fee is waived if you reschedule. If a cancellation is made less than 72 hours before the scheduled program, no refund will be issued.
Severe Weather Policy
In the event of weather-related school closings or power outages, programs will be rescheduled. If you choose not to reschedule your make-up distance learning program, payment will be refunded less a $25 administrative fee. In the case of program cancellation, the participating site is responsible for rescheduling and/or returning the provided kit materials.