Distance Learning: Explore Your Five Senses
Ever wonder why you can smell, hear, taste, see, and feel? Come find out how your senses help you to discover the world around you. Students will explore their senses with 5 hands-on activities.
- Grade level: PreK - Kindergarten
- Cost: $145 (+ $20 shipping*)
- Available: Year-Round
*Additional cost for international shipping
Each Distance Learning program includes:
- A 50-minute interactive program.
- A kit with materials for interactive experiments for 30 students.
- A Teacher’s Guide to prepare you, your classroom, and your students before the experience.
- Extension activities and resources for further exploration.\
To make your program an enjoyable and memorable experience please be sure to review the Videoconferencing Tips
Please note: If your school does not have video conferencing equipment, please let us know when booking the program.
Common Core Standards:
Approaches to Learning
- PK.AL.3: Approaches tasks, activities and problems with creativity, imagination, and/or willingness to try new
- experiences or activities.
- Physical Development and Health
- PK.PD.1: Uses senses to assist and guide learning
- PK.PD.9: Demonstrates awareness of safety rules
Social and Emotional Development
- PK.SED.4: Develops positive relationships with their peers
- Communication, Language and Literacy
Approaches to Communication
- PK.AC.3: Demonstrates that he/she understands what they observe.
- PK.ST.1: Asks questions and makes predictions based on observations and manipulation of things and events in the environment.
State of Michigan Early Childhood Standards of Quality for Pre-Kindergarten, 2012
- Children begin to develop skills of comparing and classifying objects, relationships and events in their environment. (HSCOP-M 3.2.1, 3.2.4, 3.3.2, 3.3.3)
- Children show a beginning awareness of scientific knowledge related to living and nonliving things. (HSCOF 4.2.1, 4.2.2)