Outreach Premium Family Night: SCIENCE+LITERACY
Invite the whole school to an evening of fantastic, science and literacy-based fun. We offer you a wide range of science and math activities – a little bit of everything – physics, chemistry, biology, math, and earth science! You provide 20 volunteers and we’ll fill 20 of your tables with creative hands-on activities. For this Premium Family Night, students will also receive an Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum pencil and Scientist Journal with writing prompts that will link to each of the 20 science and math-centered activities. Students will be able to take their journals home with them or use them in the classroom to extend their Family Night Experience long after we leave. Educators and families love this casual, self-directed evening of fun science activities. All activities are linked to the Michigan Science Standards. Discount coupons for a visit to the Museum for all student participants.
- Serves up to 500 total participants for 2 hours (additional hours available)
- Includes 20 hands-on experiments
- Includes 1 Scientist Journal and 1 AAHOM pencil for each child
- Open house format encourages leisurely family exploration
- Requires 20 tables, one room set-up
- Requires 20 volunteers
Fees are determined by driving distance from the Museum.
- Within 25 miles: $1090
- 26-50 miles: $1120
- 51+ miles: $1120 + $.54 per mile
- Each additional hour: $150