Outreach Premium Family Night: Wind Energy!
Invite the whole school to an evening of fantastic, STEM-based fun and see why this is such a popular program. We offer you a wide range of Wind Energy related activities and demonstrations. Make a mini wind mill and test out its power! Want to know how windy it is in your neighborhood? Make your own anemometer and take it home to test! This program is great for middle school audiences. You provide 15 volunteers and we’ll fill 15 of your tables with creative hands-on activities and demonstrations. Educators and families love this casual, self-directed evening of fun science activities. All activities are linked to the Michigan Science Standards. Discount coupons for a visit to the Museum for all participants!
- Serves up to 500 total participants for 2 hours (additional hours available)
- Includes 10 hands-on experiments and 5 hands-on demos
- Open house format encourages leisurely family exploration
- Requires 15 tables, one room set-up
- Requires 15 volunteers
Fees are determined by driving distance from the Museum.
- Within 25 miles: $1090
- 26-50 miles: $1120
- 51+ miles: $1120 + $.54 per mile
- Each additional hour: $150
This project was funded with support from the U.S. Department of Energy and in partnership with the City of Ann Arbor Energy Office.