Outreach : Summer Science Festival
Huge Variety of Activities!
Our Summer Science Festival features a wide variety of unique, interactive tabletop projects that includes science experiments, ‘make and take’ activities and art creations. We can customize our program to meet your needs! Schedule your Summer Science Festival today!
Activities May Include:
Antacid Launch — Launch rockets sky-high with this soaring chemical change.
Calling All Turkeys — With just a paper cup, wet string and a paper clip you’ll be up and gobbling before you know it.
Centripetal Swing — Fling water around, but try not to spill it. This activity will give both your mind and your arm a workout.
Munchy Match-up — Take a toothy challenge and pair up some chompers with their rightful owners.
Oobleck — Roll it into a ball, then watch it ooze like a liquid. A long-time favorite for all ages… and you can even make it in your kitchen.
Paperclip Ships — Can you make a metal paperclip “float” in a cup of water? This activity will show you how!
Polymer Surprise — Experiment with the properties of polymers. Pierce a bag of water without getting wet!
Seeds and Helicopters — Let Mother Nature and Father Physics help you make your own paper helicopters. Try your hand at what some trees have been doing for millions of years.
A Skeletal Selection — Explore a collection of actual teeth, antlers and horns.
Teasing Gravity — Drive gravity crazy by making water hang upside down. Sounds impossible? Not if you know about surface tension.
Whoooo’s Coming for Dinner? — Poke through the aftermath of an owl’s late night snack and see if you can piece together what was on the menu.
3 Event Packages Available
- All event packages are based on a two-hour time period and the number of activity tables selected
- All event packages include: set-up time; colorful banners & tablecloths; discount passes to the Museum for every participant
- Each additional hour is $150
- If you are unable to provide volunteers additional staff members are available at $100 per person per day
- Total cost is program fee plus mileage
- Host is responsible for providing 6' – 8' long tables
- For outdoor events, host is also required to provide a tent. If you unable to provide a tent, we can provide one for $50
We can customize this event to meet your needs!
Event Package 1:
Includes 6 activities: $350 plus mileage requires 1 volunteer
Event Package 2:
Includes 9 activities: $450 plus mileage - requires 2 volunteers
Event Package 3:
Includes 12 activities: $550 plus mileage - requires 3 volunteers