What do you get when you mix one part science, one part fun, and one part celebration? A birthday party at the Museum! Experience a birthday full of discovery by exploring more than 250 exhibits and experimenting with a hands-on activity. Celebrate in a unique and interactive environment to make your special day really special!
Birthday parties are available on weekends only. Make your reservation early—space is limited and dates fill up quickly.
Saturday 10:00am to 12:30pm or 2:00pm to 4:30pm
Sunday 1:00pm to 3:30pm
- $325 for members
- $400 for non-members
Our party package includes up to 15 children and 20 adults. We can accommodate up to 5 additional children for $10 per child. Fee for extra children will be charged on the day of your party.
The birthday child, hosting parents, and all babies 0-23 months are free and do not count against your package.
Each Birthday Party includes a hands-on activity run by your Birthday Party host.
Each child makes a bag of slime to take home from a glue and borax solution!
Make a non-electric lava lamp out of water, oil, food coloring, and alka-seltzer to take home! This activity is best for those ages five and older.
Mold a volcano out of flour and salt, then watch it "erupt" with baking soda and vinegar! This is not a take-home activity, but is easy to recreate at home!
Make a simple rocket from a film canister and alka-seltzer, then launch it to the ceiling! This is not a take-home activity, but is easy to recreate at home! This activity is best-suited for those ages six and older.
- A 2½-hour party
- E-Invitations (paper invitation available upon request)
- Guided visit through the Museum
- All paper goods, plates, cups, utensils and napkins
- A hands-on activity
- Discovery goody bag for each child
- Exclusive use of a Birthday Party Room for the Birthday Party plus ½-hour additional set up time
- A Party Host who will assist you in party set up, stay with you throughout the party and lead the hands-on activity
- Special present for the birthday child
- A coupon for savings on Buddy's Pizza
- Birthday cake
- Your own food and/or beverages. Refrigerator and freezer are available upon request.
- You may arrive up to 30 minutes before the start of your party to set up and decorate.
- Parties need to end promptly so rooms can be ready for the next group.
- Certain dates may be unavailable due to holidays or the scheduling of other Museum programs.
- Full payment is due when you book your party.
- Parties can be booked up to 3 months in advance. Spaces fill up quickly!
- You will receive a confirmation packet in the mail after your payment is received. This will include a confirmation letter and schedule of the party’s events.