Our Outreach staff brings the Museum to you—at schools, libraries, community centers, and festivals—by delivering hands-on programming customized to your schedule and curriculum interests.
- View a brochure highlighting all our education programs.
- Jump to a complete list of Outreach offerings.
Types of Outreach Programs:
Get attracted to the world of magnets or fly a rocket through the air with the greatest of ease! Our educators lead your students through curriculum-based explorations of scientific topics tailored to engage specific grade levels. Maximum of 30 participants/session unless otherwise noted.
Invite the entire school community to your site for a math and science celebration! These programs are sepcifically designed to encourage students to explore 20 interactive activities for 2 hours with their families, teachers, classmates, and friends. You provide the space, 20 tables, and 20 volunteers. We provide the rest.
Super Science and Math Days for PreK-8th grade
- Interactive activities during the school day
- Science and math-based program for individual grades or the whole school
- Want to see something else? We can customize almost any program. You never know what’s possible until you ask!
To Register for an Outreach Program
- Contact the Outreach Coordinator at 734.995.5439 (if you encounter a recorded message, please leave complete information and we will return your call — no reservation request left as a recorded message can be guaranteed)
- In addition to program fees, a round-trip mileage fee will be charged. This rate varies, but is currently $0.60/mile. If different, we will let you know when booking!
- Scholarships are available through the Discover Science Assistance Fund to those who qualify.
- A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to hold your reservation
- Final payment is due 30 days prior to your scheduled program
- If a program is cancelled less than 4 weeks before the scheduled date, the Museum keeps the entire fee (this fee can be applied to a rescheduled date)
- For more information please contact the Outreach Coordinator at 734.995.5439 or use our Contact Form to send an email.
Severe Weather Policy
In the event of severe weather, programs may be cancelled. The Museum will cancel a program if school is cancelled in the AAPS school system, the location of the event or in between. If you choose not to reschedule your make-up Outreach Program, payment will be refunded less a 25% registration fee, which may be applied to a future program. Rescheduling is the responsibility of the school and not the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum.