Your students become scientists during our ScienceWorks Labs. All programs align with National Science Education Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, Michigan Grade Level Content Expectations and Common Core State Standards. Labs are available year-round for preschool to middle school students and are led by an instructor.
Field Trips + ScienceWorks Labs for Students PreK-8
Your students become scientists during our 50-minute ScienceWorks Labs that provide hands-on experience with a variety of topics identified in the Michigan Grade Level Content Expectations. Labs are led by an instructor.
- Scroll down for a list of topics.
- ScienceWorks Labs must be booked in advance when making a Field Trip reservation.
- Cost: $6 per child for most labs, $4 per child for preschool. Click on lab description below for more details.
- Capacity: 30 students per class, 2 ScienceWorks classes may be held at the same time for up to 60 students. We can accommodate a maximum of 120 students from a single school in lab classes per visit.
- Minimum charge per lab class is based on the cost for 15 students.
Sign up for a ScienceWorks Lab as the perfect complement to a Field Trip!
Can you see a sound? Smell a color? Come play with us as we explore sight, sound, smell and touch! Register today!
Is it a solid, a liquid, or a gas? Investigate the three states of matter by measuring and mixing ingredients for two types of slime. Students are encouraged to dive hands-first into this interactive lab! Register today!
Make magnets float in mid-air while testing their ability to attract and repel each other! Students learn all about magnetism by using a variety of materials to explore and design. Register today!
Engineer your way through multiple problems. Design solutions while you experience the engineering process through questioning, planning, building, testing, and analyzing your creation. Register today!