It's Science on Wheels: We bring the Museum to you! We offer fun, inquiry-based programs for the students in your classroom, library, festival or youth center! All programs address objectives outlined in the Michigan Grade Level Content Expectations and include pre- and post-visit activities.
Types of Outreach Programs:
Single Visit Workshops for PreK-8th grade
- 50 and 90minute workshops for individual classrooms
- Variety of topics designed for specific grade levels
New! Series Workshops for classes that wish for more in-depth science exploration
Family Nights (evening) for families
- Interactive science and math activities geared towards the whole family, encouraging parental involvement in their children’s learning
- Special Young Scientist Family Night for preschoolers!
Super Science and Math Days (daytime) for PreK-8th grade
- Interactive activities during the school day
- Science and math-based program for individual grades or the whole school
Try-This-At-Home (and Other Demos) Auditorium Programs
- Auditorium-styled assembly programs for the whole school
- Variety of themes available in accordance with grade levels Summer Science Festivals
- Available all yearlong! Infuse your event with fun, educational activities
- Great addition to end of the year parties
- Want to see something else? We can customize almost any program. You never know what’s possible until you ask!
To Register for an Outreach Program
- Contact the Outreach Coordinator at 734.995.5439 (if you encounter a recorded message, please leave complete information and we will return your call — no reservation request left as a recorded message can be guaranteed)
- In addition to program fees, a round-trip mileage fee will be charged. This rate varies, but is currently $0.60/mile. If different, we will let you know when booking!
- Scholarships are available through the Discover Science Assistance Fund to those who qualify.
- A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to hold your reservation
- Final payment is due 30 days prior to your scheduled program
- If a program is cancelled less than 4 weeks before the scheduled date, the Museum keeps the entire fee (this fee can be applied to a rescheduled date)
- For more information please contact the Outreach Coordinator at 734.995.5439 or use our Contact Form to send an email.
Severe Weather Policy
In the event of severe weather, programs may be cancelled. The Museum will cancel a program if school is cancelled in the AAPS school system, the location of the event or in between. If you choose not to reschedule your make-up Outreach Program, payment will be refunded less a 25% registration fee, which may be applied to a future program. Rescheduling is the responsibility of the school and not the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum.