Looking for opportunities to dive in and get messy with science? Volunteer with the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum! We are looking for committed, enthusiastic volunteers of all ages to help us with our educational programs. As a volunteer, you will get the chance to create moments of discovery and wonder for visitors of all ages. You will learn and teach STEM topics, plus become part of a great museum team. No prior knowledge or experience is needed; you provide the enthusiasm, and we’ll provide the training. This fall and winter, we will be looking for extra help facilitating World Without Ice, a special visiting exhibit experience about climate change, and our Preschool Gallery area.
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age.
- Volunteers under age 18 must have parental consent.
- Volunteers over age 18 must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Volunteers must be able to commit to either 3-5 hours of service a week for a minimum of three months OR 50 total service hours. Volunteer shifts are 9:45am-1:15pm and 12:45pm-4:15pm Monday-Saturday, and 11:45am-4:15pm Sundays.
Ready to get involved?
If you are ready to get involved, please complete an online application below. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
The Museum has numerous flexible volunteer possibilities for individuals age 14 and over:
- World Without Ice Exhibit Facilitators will guide museum visitors in exploration of our exciting visiting installation, World Without Ice, through exhibit and activity facilitation.
- Preschool Gallery Docents will help make the preschool gallery fun by promoting safe play and enforcing gallery policies.
We want your group to volunteer at the Museum! Community service clubs, Scout troops, employee groups, or any other group can choose to come in for a day or on a recurring basis. Project possibilities are endless and tailored to best fit your group, whether that is hands-on activities, behind-the-scenes work, running an event, or a project of your own design.
Completed a volunteer orientation and still haven't received log in credentials? Contact the Volunteer Manager using our Contact Us Form.