The Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum is committed to the safety of our visitors and staff. The fundamental nature of the Museum (high-touch, hands-on experiences, coupled with social interactions) makes it especially important that we reopen slowly and cautiously, with as much research and planning as possible, and along with extensive new safety measures in place.
The Museum intends to continue reopening with small groups invited in to experience some modified parts of the Museum, including a brand-new health and wellness gallery: All About You!. We are not currently open for normal business hours.
Here are some of the changes you will find as we reopen:
- All visitors must reserve admission tickets online in advance.
- Some exhibits will be spaced apart or removed temporarily and some parts of the building will be closed (see FAQs for further details).
- The Museum staff are required to wear masks while at the Museum, and will wash or sanitize hands frequently throughout the day.
Here are some safety expectations for visitors:
- Masks are strongly encouraged for all. Please read our full mask policy below.
- Six-foot social distancing is required between members of different households.
- Frequently wash and/or sanitize hands.
Before you visit the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum, please note that if any of the conditions listed below exist, we ask that you contact us so that we may rebook your tickets:
- You or anyone in your party has symptoms of infectious illness or has been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- You or anyone in your party has visited a location where there has been a confirmed source or outbreak of COVID-19
- You or anyone in your party has a body temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher
- You or anyone in your party has unexplained or abnormal coughing or sneezing
- You or anyone in your party is ill with COVID-19
Masks are strongly encouraged for everyone age 2+, regardless of vaccination status. Out of respect for our youngest visitors who cannot yet be vaccinated, our staff and volunteers will continue to wear masks in all public spaces. Masking requirements are subject to change without notice due to any governmental mandates.
Buy a ticket for a specific day, and you can stay as long as you'd like until we close at 5pm. Please read the hours at the top. View the calendar and purchase or reserve your tickets here!
We are no longer offering Pod Rentals.